Bruce M. Harris
Direct Line: 407-342-8141
Bruce Harris practices law exclusively in the areas of property rights and eminent domain. He has handled hundreds of eminent domain cases on behalf of property owners and condemning authorities.
Bruce serves as an adjunct professor at both the University of Florida and Florida A&M University’s College of Law. He teaches courses on eminent domain and land use. Bruce is a frequent speaker on the various issues concerning eminent domain. Bruce has published numerous articles on eminent domain and has twice chaired the National Eminent Domain Conference. He has taught eminent domain continuing education courses in Atlanta, Raleigh, Chicago, Philadelphia, St. Louis and throughout Florida.
Born in Bartow, Florida, Bruce was raised in Orlando. He graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in history and received his J.D. from the University of Florida College of Law.
Bruce is a past president of the U.F. College of Law Alumni Council. He is currently a member of the Board of Trustees for the College of Law and is also a member of the U.F. Library Leadership Board.
Bruce is an AV-rated trial attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- University of Florida College of Law, Trustee
- University of Florida Smathers Library Systems, Trustee
- Trinity Preparatory School, Trustee (2001-2006)
- Orlando-UCF Shakespeare Festival, Trustee (1998-2003)
- University of Florida College of Law Alumni Council, President (1999)
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, Junior Warden
- Florida Blue Key, President (1993)
- University of Florida Homecoming, General Chairman (1991)
- Urban Think Foundation, Founder and Chairman
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Co-Chair, CLE International’s National Eminent Domain Conference (2006-2009)
- Compensation for Takings of Private Property by State Governments, 8th Annual Eminent Domain Conference, Tampa, Florida (2004)
- When the Owner Sells you Down the River: The Assignability of E&O Claims Against the Design Professional, 43rd Annual Meeting of Invited Attorneys, Toronto, Ontario (2004)
- Eminent Domain in Florida, University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville,Florida (2002)
- Approaches to Attorneys Fees in the States of the ACC, CLE International, Raleigh, North Carolina (2002)
- Endangered Species Act & Habitat Conservation Planning, CLE International, Orlando, Florida (2002)
- Design Professionals and the Standard of Care, University of Florida College of Engineering, Gainesville, Florida (2002)
- Taking of Property by Eminent Domain, National Business Institute, Orlando, Florida (2001)
- Approaches to Attorneys Fees in States of the SEC, CLE International, Atlanta, Georgia (2001)